Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I woke up with a nose bleed this morning

AvaLou

Re: I woke up with a nose bleed this morning

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GymGeekAus Click here to enlarge
    I never had cooties. My mom thought they were silly.

We had a Mr. Potato Head, though.
    silly gym! boys are BORN with cooties Click here to enlarge

Death in Stiletto Heels talidapali's Avatar
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AvaLou Click here to enlarge
    the only time besides this that i had a nose bleed was when i was in Las Vegas and that was because the air was so dry. I'm in florida right now at my grandmother's house. it's right on the water, so the air isn't dry for sure. i was thinking it might just be allergies
    How high does your grandma keep the thermostat? The higher the heat is, the drier the air coming out of the vents, unless she has a humidifier on the heating unit. When my grandma was around, her house was always uncomfortably hot for me, but she needed it that high because she had thin blood and was cold all the time...even in high summer without an air conditioner she wouldn't even sweat much. And I had a lot of nosebleeds when I would stay with her over a weekend, and it was the dry hot air in her house that did it.
    "You can't fix stupid..." ~ Ron White
    Click here to enlarge"I never said I wasn't a brat..." ~ Talidapali
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks

That can't be good... any idea of what could have caused it?

btw, i'm not asking for medical advice. i'm leaving to go home today and i plan to go to the doctor asap to make sure it's nothing wrong.
    I blame Alex Jones.
    "Oh, Freeptards are their own "special" sort of crazy. Distill all the paranoia of the John Birch Society, inform it with the skewed worldview of Rush Limbaugh, and then season with White Supremacism, Militia weapon fetishes, and garnish with that delightful tang of Inbreeding, and you have Freeperville." -Ben Burch (me)

"all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." - Declaration of Independence.

Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Thanked 3,250 Times in 1,595 Posts

the only time besides this that i had a nose bleed was when i was in Las Vegas and that was because the air was so dry. I'm in florida right now at my grandmother's house. it's right on the water, so the air isn't dry for sure. i was thinking it might just be allergies
    Another hunch for the hunch bucket...

Did you fly into Florida recently, Ava. If so the bloody nose might be an after effect from changes in air pressure affecting the blood vessels in your nasal cavity.

Like others here, I wouldn't worry about it.
    DemocraticWarrior is not a registered Political Action Committee, nor is it a registered Non-Profit Organization. Donations to DemocraticWarrior are not tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks

Hubby gets them a few times a year--mostly in the late fall and winter when the indoor air is dry.
    I used to get them all the time as a kid and teen. Not so much now.

My niece (now 24) used to get them very bad as a kid. Don't mean to be gross, but she would even bleed through her eyes. I think she had a procedure done, but I can no longer remember what the doctor did or what the procedure was called. Cortorize?

A humidifier is a good idea and she had one going in her room all winter. (Electric floorboard heat is the worst!)
    ~Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
    BARACK OBAMA, speech, Feb. 5, 2008~

Power to the Peaceful!!!! KyndCulture's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,146 Posts

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoatRocker Click here to enlarge
    Hubby gets them a few times a year--mostly in the late fall and winter when the indoor air is dry.
    I used to get them all the time as a kid and teen. Not so much now.

My niece (now 24) used to get them very bad as a kid. Don't mean to be gross, but she would even bleed through her eyes. I think she had a procedure done, but I can no longer remember what the doctor did or what the procedure was called. Cortorize?

A humidifier is a good idea and she had one going in her room all winter. (Electric floorboard heat is the worst!)

Ah jeez, ok that would explain my headaches and alligator skin since I moved into this new apt.. that's the kind of heat I have here.. it's not up very high, but I wake up in the morning with a stuffed head and a headache that won't quit. I figured hell I moved back down south, the air can't be dry here!
    "Lie down with Blue Dogs in the MIDDLE of the street and you get run over! "- Icky 8/17/09Click here to enlarge

Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KyndCulture Click here to enlarge
    Ah jeez, ok that would explain my headaches and alligator skin since I moved into this new apt.. that's the kind of heat I have here.. it's not up very high, but I wake up in the morning with a stuffed head and a headache that won't quit. I figured hell I moved back down south, the air can't be dry here!
    Sounds like a humidifier is in order here, poopsie. The house we have now has forced hot air heat...even the cats are walking around with static fur.

We're shopping around for a humidifier this weekend.
    ~Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
    BARACK OBAMA, speech, Feb. 5, 2008~

AvaLou

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kbob Click here to enlarge
    Another hunch for the hunch bucket...

Did you fly into Florida recently, Ava. If so the bloody nose might be an after effect from changes in air pressure affecting the blood vessels in your nasal cavity.

Like others here, I wouldn't worry about it.
    nope, drove here. it's only about 5 or 6 hours from my house so we always drive down.

Power to the Peaceful!!!! KyndCulture's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,146 Posts

nope, drove here. it's only about 5 or 6 hours from my house so we always drive down.
    That would put you in north or north central Florida, well no wonder your nose is bleeding sweetness... it's the FREAKS! Click here to enlarge
    "Lie down with Blue Dogs in the MIDDLE of the street and you get run over! "- Icky 8/17/09Click here to enlarge

AvaLou

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KyndCulture Click here to enlarge
    That would put you in north or north central Florida, well no wonder your nose is bleeding sweetness... it's the FREAKS! Click here to enlarge
    on the panhandle Click here to enlarge

i tell you what though, the water here is the most beautiful i've ever seen in person.

Thanks

Just a suggestion: if this was a one time event don't worry about it until your next check up and mention it at that time. If this is part of a pattern (waking up more than once a year with a nose bleed) get your blood checked. The vessels in the nose are fairly delicate. But if you have this multiple times and are not a barroom brawler it may be symptomatic of something else.
    "The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all."
    John F. Kennedy

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."
    Patrick Henry

Democratic Warrior rightiswrong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,052 Times in 1,314 Posts

"...may be symptomatic of something else."

Like what? Nose pickin' ? Click here to enlarge
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

AvaLou

only one nose bleed today... seems things are fine... must have been a weird allergic reaction or something(i have several things i'm allergic to in foods).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2