Although the Administrators and Moderators of DemocraticWarrior.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, we are not responsible for message content. All messages express the views of the author. The owners and/or the representatives of DemocraticWarrior.com may remove, edit, move, or close topics they feel do not follow the rules without notice.
If you see a post you consider objectionable or questionable, please report the post to a Moderator or Administrator. There is an icon - a triangle with an exclamation mark - in the upper right hand portion of every post to click and a Moderator will be notified. Other complaints or questions about posts must contain a link to the post or contain the location of the post, the title of the thread, and the name of the poster. You must also cut-n-paste a copy of the portion you are reporting. E-mails or personal messages of an offensive, harassing, threatening, or insulting nature should be forwarded to a member of the staff immediately!
This is not your typical political forum. We are proud of the fact that despite of our growing numbers, we continue to remain extremely friendly to both new members and regular visitors, guests and lurkers. When posting in the forum keep the following in mind:
Notes for new members: We may occasionally moderate the first five posts of new members. [We may do this if the board does get a large of trolls or spammers.] Do not be concerned if your posts do not show immediately as the Moderators will get to approving them. We realize this is an inconvenience however this is to prevent trolls from posting on the forum. Also your first couple of posts should not contain any hyperlinks to sites as this will signal our spam software and will put your post into the moderation queue. We appreciate your patience.
If you have any problems registering please contact us at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] .
1) Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, racist, hateful, threatening, or that violate any laws. Please use good judgment when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason. Inappropriate content will be removed without notice, including, but not limited to: any and all bigotry regarding race, gender, geographic location, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religion, and political party affiliation.
2) Personal attacks, rudeness, insults to others, or harassing arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, or via Email, will be banned immediately without notice.
3) Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. If you are unsure, put it in the General Discussion forum, say you were not sure where it belonged, and someone will move it to the proper forum for you if necessary. Repeated topics will be removed without notice.
4) Ask your questions on the forums. The staff gets a large number of messages containing questions, and unfortunately, we do not have time to answer them all. Private messages should only be used for issues that cannot or should not be discussed in the public forums. Note: For technical questions there is now a forum called Board Help where you can ask many technical questions.
5) No advertising or selling of any kind is allowed in the forum, including links; this is not an on-line auction house. If you are interested in advertising, contact the site owners.
6) Do not give anyone you do not know information to your passwords or personal account information. You are responsible for any and all posts that are generated from your DemocraticWarrior.com account.
7) If you post a link that contains material that may be considered objectionable (i.e. profanity), you must post a warning before the link. However, posting of links to pornographic or sexually-oriented material or websites will be removed and the member may be banned immediately without notice.
8 ) Do not ask for, offer to supply, or post links to, copies of commercial software, MP3s, movies, CDs, etc. or other property for which you do not hold the copyright. Any discussions on obtaining or distributing any kind of illegal software, MP3's, movies, etc., will be removed.
9) Do not post full copies of copyrighted articles from elsewhere on the Internet; post a link to the article instead. Partial posts of copyrighted articles are allowed, provided a link is posted as well.
10) Register using only one user name, and do not "flood" the board with posts that are off-topic. Creating multiple user accounts or flooding the board will be considered a denial-of-service attack on the forums and will result in immediate termination of your account, a permanent ban on the forum, and will be reported to your ISP.
11) Please, do not feed the animals! If you see an inflammatory or offensive post, do not respond. Instead, report it immediately to a Moderator or Administrator.
12) DemocraticWarrior.com is not responsible for any actions you take as a result of information or advice obtained at this site. This includes, but is not limited to: advice regarding health matters, tangible and/or intangible property issues, personal situations, legal issues, etc.
13) Any information regarding the name of a reporting poster will not be given to any other non-administrative party. Any violations of these rules will be discussed only with the concerned party.
14) Repeated reporting of posts not in violation of these forum rules and/or deemed appropriate by the staff of DemocraticWarrior.com is considered harassment and could result in suspension or termination of the poster.
15) This is a privately funded forum. Your membership is voluntary and at the discretion of the administration. You are required to comply with the forum rules, and this compliance is in no way a violation of free speech. If you feel you cannot adhere to these rules, you may choose not to participate. Donations, while very much appreciated, will not allow the donor to violate these rules or set/change these rules. All donations will be considered a private matter and will not be discussed on the forum unless posted by the donor.
16) Do not post any personal information of another poster or any other person. You may post public information regarding public officials or people. Do not post your own personal information on the forum. While DemocraticWarrior.com strongly advises against the sharing of personal information, this sharing may be exchanged via e-mails or personal messages at your own discretion and/or risk. No posting of personal e-mails or personal messages is allowed.
17) The Moderators and Administrators of DemocraticWarrior.com are all volunteers. Opinions expressed by the staff are their own, personal opinions and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of DemocraticWarrior.com as a whole. While opposing viewpoints and discussion are welcome, any abuse of the staff will result in immediate termination of your account.
18 ) Three strikes, you’re out! Any member found violating any of these rules more than three times will be banned without notice.
19) This is a board for Democrats! If a member is a troll, they will be banned immediately, and their email address and IP number will be posted on the website! A troll is defined as someone who signs up to insult members, disrupt the board, or attempt to recruit to organizations outside of the Democratic Party.
20) Voting is taken very seriously here. Any member who does not vote in a major election will be banned immediately! Major elections are the midterm Congressional elections, Presidential Primaries and Elections.
21) One final issue. We wish to emphasize that security is taken very seriously at DemocraticWarrior. There has been banning due to a user on another forum questioning if certain members on this forum were the same. The Staff here will neither confirm nor deny any members identity.
By becoming a member you agree to adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines are subject to change without notice, and a current version should always be available in the forums. Members that violate these rules may be suspended or banned at the discretion of the staff of DemocraticWarrior.com.
The Staff of DemocraticWarrior.com.
Last edited by BigJerr; 06-05-2009 at 07:09 PM.
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household."
Matthew 10:34 - 10:36