You know SOff---good question - did a little research on VFP and found this -
Camp Casey III Fires Lawyers, Lawyers Say $100K May Be Missing September 20, 2005
It would appear Cindy Sheehan's Veterans For Peace, have terminated the services of their lawyers, Buddy and Annie Spell. [I think the author means for us to understand that Cindy Sheehan and VfP are allies, and not that Cindy Sheehan created VfP, which is not true]
Spells terminated / failed to provide relief
Spells no Longer involved in Disaster Relief / Fail to provide service
Dear Ms. Arata-Spell and Mr. Spell,
I am writing to request the following be delivered to Monica Hampton at The Green Room, tomorrow, Monday September 16 at 1pm.
1. All records, receipts, and chart of accounts relating to Veterans for Peace, chapter 116. These items include
+ The notebook of receipts supplied to Ms. Arata-Spell and Mr. Spell by Monica Hampton on September 16;
+ requests-for-reimbursements filled out by vounteers and VFP;
+ receipts on inventory ordered and delivery confirmation;
+ reimbursed receipts.
2. Copies of every check written to pay for VFP expenditures, as well as an inventory of what items were bought and delivered with those monies.
3. A reimbursement request for each separate receipt or outstanding purchase order and delivery confirmation put in by Ms. Arata-Spell and Mr. Spell including description of how monies spent were used for immediate relief.
4. Three pre-signed blank checks on the VFP Redwood Credit Union account, signed by Patrick Tate., VFP chapter 116 president.
5. All donations received by Ms. Arata-Spell and Mr. Spell on behalf of VFP chapter 116, including a $300 cash donation from Mid-Rivers Ethical Society.
6. A list of any and all vendor or other accounts opened on behalf of VFP chapter 116 and any purchase orders on those accounts.
Upon receipt of the requested materials, to be supplied to Monica Hampton no later than 1pm Monday, September, 19 2005, the VFP chapter will immediately review the reimbursement request submitted by Ms. Arata-Spell and Mr. Spell, and will supply a check or direct wire to The Spells for the agreed amount. We request five business hours (defined as Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm) to review the materials supplied to us before the money transfer can occur. As you know, Ms. Spell, we are waiting for the money to be transferred into the Louisiana bank, which may delay this timetable. To expedite the reimbursement of the monies, please provide us with any computer records available.
Twenty four hours after the monies are received by Ms. Arata-Spell and Mr. Spell (and after it is that the file can be opened), all computer files and accounting records generated by the Spells are to be deleted.
Thank you both for your efforts during the time we worked together.
Veterans for Peace
Veterans for Peace, inc."
This termination letter from VfP was posted at a Democratic Underground forum, then removed. It was followed by this response from the Spells, also posted at the Democratic Underground, also deleted soon after.
Seems like Cindy Sheehan and VFP were not to damn happy with their lawyers - ya' think?
Something in Sweetness and Life about it as well http://www.sweetness-light.com/archi...an-100k-a-day/
You know the Internet SOff VFP could be completely innocent of this BS and the lawyers could of scammed their azz's - who knows.
VFP homepage SOFF - http://www.veteransforpeace.org/
VFP and Katina off of their site http://www.veteransforpeace.org/march_news_31506.htm
Contact them SOff and see what really went down with this stuff - http://www.veteransforpeace.org/contact_122204.htm
Something pretty Smelly about this BS SOff and for some reason I do not think VFP was to blame - Gut Feeling SOff