Thread: Charter schools.

Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Charter schools.

Discuss.
    I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Democratic Warrior dr.strangelove's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crazy Guggenheim Click here to enlarge
    Discuss.
    They are a wonderful idea, but they take money from public schools which can not afford it. The idea of launching new public schools with new ideas and new ways of teaching are exciting, but lets not privatize education and turn it into a for profit enterprise. Lets change the existing public school system rather than bring faith or profit into our classrooms.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dr.strangelove Click here to enlarge
    They are a wonderful idea, but they take money from public schools which can not afford it. The idea of launching new public schools with new ideas and new ways of teaching are exciting, but lets not privatize education and turn it into a for profit enterprise. Lets change the existing public school system rather than bring faith or profit into our classrooms.
    Thanks man.

BTW, it appears that a lot of minorities support charter schools. I think it might be due to maybe minority students and districts not getting enough support from the gubmit or the district.
    I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Democratic Warrior dr.strangelove's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a ton of inner city families that want smaller schools that can exclude the dangerous and distracting students who use the school for a source of revenue (drugs) or victims. There is a school of thought that the idea of charter schools, smaller programs with strict control, would serve inner cities well. The issue is cost. Education is expensive, and municipalities have the higher cost of union employees, which is a very good thing, but can not compete with charter schools which do not. Then there is the result of this, which creates schools for smart and/or dedicated kids, and sends the kids with issues to hell holes where they are abandoned. Not what we want, especially because the kids doing drugs and getting in fights need schools the most to change out of the repeating cycle of poverty and the lifestyles prevalent in poverty driven areas. It is a great topic to discuss.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.strangelove For This Useful Post: