Thread: Megyn Kelly Is Leaving Fox News for NBC

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Megyn Kelly Is Leaving Fox News for NBC

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/bu...news.html?_r=0

Megyn Kelly, who arrived at Fox News 12 years ago as a television news neophyte but rose to become one of its two biggest stars, has decided to leave the network to take on a broad new role at NBC News for an undisclosed salary, NBC announced Tuesday afternoon.

The NBC News chairman, Andrew Lack, wooed Ms. Kelly away from Fox News by offering her a triple role in which she will host her own daytime news and discussion program, anchor an in-depth Sunday night news show and take regular part in the network’s special political programming and other big-event coverage.

The move will herald a seismic shift in the cable news landscape, where Ms. Kelly had become the second-most watched host — after Bill O’Reilly of Fox News — and often helped define the national political debate, especially over the last year as Donald J. Trump regularly attacked her, at times in viciously personal terms.

Ms. Kelly’s exit will upend Fox News’s vaunted prime-time lineup and inject a new dose of tumult just a few months after the departure of the network’s powerful founding chairman, Roger Ailes, who was ousted after several women made allegations that he sexually harassed them.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household."

Matthew 10:34 - 10:36

Democratic Warrior dr.strangelove's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I do not like her, I am glad she is out of Fox.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 841 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the final bit of fallout from the Ailes ouster, IMO. That's why FOX is being so nice and gracious instead of their usual spiteful and vindictive stance when others have left in the past.
    DemocraticWarrior is not a registered Political Action Committee, nor is it a registered Non-Profit Organization. Donations to DemocraticWarrior are not tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.
    Click here to enlarge

Democratic Warrior dr.strangelove's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N.U. Click here to enlarge
    This is the final bit of fallout from the Ailes ouster, IMO. That's why FOX is being so nice and gracious instead of their usual spiteful and vindictive stance when others have left in the past.
    She has them by the balls. She could be the face that nets dozens of women huge dollars in that lawsuit.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.