Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I thought this was illegal. California Bar to ban S-E-X with clients! California State Bar Considers Banning Lawyers.......

  1. #1
    Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA.
    Posts
    37,543
    Thanks
    3,335
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    I thought this was illegal. California Bar to ban S-E-X with clients! California State Bar Considers Banning Lawyers.......

    Nasty bastards! Horny little ....... Oooooo.

    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...x-with-clients

    In California, lawyers can have sex with their clients without facing disciplinary action.

    Under the current rules of the state's bar association the largest such group in the country, according to its website sex between attorneys and their clients is allowed as long the lawyer does not "employ coercion, intimidation, or undue influence" or "perform legal services incompetently" as a result of the sexual relationship.


    But that rule could change. For the first time since 1987, the California State Bar is considering a flat-out ban on sex between lawyers and the people they represent, with exceptions for sexual relationships that existed before the person became a client.


    Some lawyers oppose the proposed rule change, saying it would violate their privacy.
    I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!


    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA.
    Posts
    37,543
    Thanks
    3,335
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Don't even think about getting involved with a client.

    I think I told you about that one client I had. Click here to enlarge
    I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!


    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Democratic Warrior dr.strangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Westchester Co., NY
    Posts
    6,380
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 876 Times in 533 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crazy Guggenheim Click here to enlarge
    Nasty bastards! Horny little ....... Oooooo.

    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...x-with-clients
    No way. With the schedules lawyers keep, the main outlets for dating are clients and co-workers. I have a few friends who eventually married and had kids with former clients.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.strangelove For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA.
    Posts
    37,543
    Thanks
    3,335
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dr.strangelove Click here to enlarge
    No way. With the schedules lawyers keep, the main outlets for dating are clients and co-workers. I have a few friends who eventually married and had kids with former clients.
    That's stuff I understand. BTW, the attorneys I have known, most of them have married other members of the legal profession. In certain ways I think attorneys are busier than doctors (MD). Man that's saying a lot considering.

    But, what about crossing "professional boundaries" or similar? Or do they wait until after the "professional" relationship is over?
    I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!


    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

  6. #5
    Super Moderator FuzzySlippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,912
    Thanks
    1,598
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crazy Guggenheim Click here to enlarge
    Don't even think about getting involved with a client.

    I think I told you about that one client I had. Click here to enlarge
    I don't think there are any laws about computer consultants not banging clients who are flouncing around in flimsy lingerie.
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    -John Kenneth Galbraith

  7. #6
    Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA.
    Posts
    37,543
    Thanks
    3,335
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers Click here to enlarge
    I don't think there are any laws about computer consultants not banging clients who are flouncing around in flimsy lingerie.
    BTW, sometimes it was a little less than flimsy.

    OTOH, I would never mix business and pleasure.
    I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!


    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

  8. #7
    Super Moderator FuzzySlippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,912
    Thanks
    1,598
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crazy Guggenheim Click here to enlarge
    BTW, sometimes it was a little less than flimsy.

    OTOH, I would never mix business and pleasure.
    It's your own fault for being such a stud muffin.
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    -John Kenneth Galbraith

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to FuzzySlippers For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Democratic Warrior dr.strangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Westchester Co., NY
    Posts
    6,380
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 876 Times in 533 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers Click here to enlarge
    It's your own fault for being such a stud muffin.
    Ah, love ...
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.strangelove For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Democratic Warrior dr.strangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Westchester Co., NY
    Posts
    6,380
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 876 Times in 533 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crazy Guggenheim Click here to enlarge
    That's stuff I understand. BTW, the attorneys I have known, most of them have married other members of the legal profession. In certain ways I think attorneys are busier than doctors (MD). Man that's saying a lot considering.

    But, what about crossing "professional boundaries" or similar? Or do they wait until after the "professional" relationship is over?
    As long as client money is not mixing with lawyer money, I think anything goes.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.strangelove For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA.
    Posts
    37,543
    Thanks
    3,335
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dr.strangelove Click here to enlarge
    As long as client money is not mixing with lawyer money, I think anything goes.
    I think I told you about that one client I had who called me back over. WHOA!!!
    I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!


    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •