Thread: I thought this was illegal. California Bar to ban S-E-X with clients! California State Bar Considers Banning Lawyers.......

Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought this was illegal. California Bar to ban S-E-X with clients! California State Bar Considers Banning Lawyers.......

Nasty bastards! Horny little ....... Oooooo.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...x-with-clients

In California, lawyers can have sex with their clients without facing disciplinary action.

Under the current rules of the state's bar association the largest such group in the country, according to its website sex between attorneys and their clients is allowed as long the lawyer does not "employ coercion, intimidation, or undue influence" or "perform legal services incompetently" as a result of the sexual relationship.

But that rule could change. For the first time since 1987, the California State Bar is considering a flat-out ban on sex between lawyers and the people they represent, with exceptions for sexual relationships that existed before the person became a client.

Some lawyers oppose the proposed rule change, saying it would violate their privacy.
    I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't even think about getting involved with a client.

I think I told you about that one client I had. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Democratic Warrior dr.strangelove's Avatar
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crazy Guggenheim Click here to enlarge
    Nasty bastards! Horny little ....... Oooooo.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...x-with-clients
    No way. With the schedules lawyers keep, the main outlets for dating are clients and co-workers. I have a few friends who eventually married and had kids with former clients.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.strangelove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dr.strangelove Click here to enlarge
    No way. With the schedules lawyers keep, the main outlets for dating are clients and co-workers. I have a few friends who eventually married and had kids with former clients.
    That's stuff I understand. BTW, the attorneys I have known, most of them have married other members of the legal profession. In certain ways I think attorneys are busier than doctors (MD). Man that's saying a lot considering.

But, what about crossing "professional boundaries" or similar? Or do they wait until after the "professional" relationship is over?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crazy Guggenheim Click here to enlarge
    Don't even think about getting involved with a client.

I think I told you about that one client I had. Click here to enlarge
    I don't think there are any laws about computer consultants not banging clients who are flouncing around in flimsy lingerie.
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    -John Kenneth Galbraith

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers Click here to enlarge
    I don't think there are any laws about computer consultants not banging clients who are flouncing around in flimsy lingerie.
    BTW, sometimes it was a little less than flimsy.

OTOH, I would never mix business and pleasure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW, sometimes it was a little less than flimsy.

OTOH, I would never mix business and pleasure.
    It's your own fault for being such a stud muffin.
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    -John Kenneth Galbraith

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FuzzySlippers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers Click here to enlarge
    It's your own fault for being such a stud muffin.
    Ah, love ...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.strangelove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's stuff I understand. BTW, the attorneys I have known, most of them have married other members of the legal profession. In certain ways I think attorneys are busier than doctors (MD). Man that's saying a lot considering.

But, what about crossing "professional boundaries" or similar? Or do they wait until after the "professional" relationship is over?
    As long as client money is not mixing with lawyer money, I think anything goes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.strangelove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dr.strangelove Click here to enlarge
    As long as client money is not mixing with lawyer money, I think anything goes.
    I think I told you about that one client I had who called me back over. WHOA!!!