Thread: War on Poverty 'Handouts' Encouraged Women to Stay Single and Pop ..........

Democratic Warrior Crazy Guggenheim's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,992 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

War on Poverty 'Handouts' Encouraged Women to Stay Single and Pop ..........

I shall quench my thirst with the blood of my enemies!

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 Times in 5,038 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not and will not listen to anything the fucktard Stossel says. It is a matter of maximizing time spent on significant matters, and one second from Stossel is a waste of my available resources.
    Click here to enlarge

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webhead For This Useful Post:

Democratic Warrior SubstituteTeacher's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 835 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't see how a homeless person begging on the street for food or money has a high quality of life or has it easy.
    DemocraticWarrior is not a registered Political Action Committee, nor is it a registered Non-Profit Organization. Donations to DemocraticWarrior are not tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.
    Click here to enlarge

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubstituteTeacher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SubstituteTeacher Click here to enlarge
    I can't see how a homeless person begging on the street for food or money has a high quality of life or has it easy.
    They don't.
    DemocraticWarrior is not a registered Political Action Committee, nor is it a registered Non-Profit Organization. Donations to DemocraticWarrior are not tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes.
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have given homeless people money. I think that could easily be me or anyone else.
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 Times in 5,038 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stossel should be forced to memorize the Lilly Ledbetter Act!
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why would the most affluent country on Earth have homeless people? It is a disgrace. Years ago the homeless would go to the poor farm. It was a sanctuary. They should bring that back. What is wrong with congress- if they can give foreign aid they can give aid to the homeless.
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the poor farm was a sanctuary. They also took your kids and put you in prison if you owed debts you couldn't pay. That wasn't a sanctuary either.
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my town families who were indigent would go to the poor farm where they would be cared for. This was told to me by the old timers who worked there.
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe we should research it. Those that told you, were they there or is that what they were told?
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An elderly woman- she is 98 years old- said she would work at the poor farm as a cook. Indigent families could go there to live. It would be interesting to look into this.
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it would. I watched a movie that was based on a true story about a couple that was sent to debtors prison.I'm not sure if they ever got their kids back. It was sad.
    They fought in court. I believe their case was the one that forced the end of imprisonment for those who couldn't pay a bill.
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks,
    Interesting, I will need a lot of time to follow all the roads leading from this article. I don't know if I agree with their denial of debtors prisons. I found articles stating they were ended in 1931.
    If you go to the different states these places vary a lot. I imagine some were good and some were horrific. Kids were outlawed in them at a very early date. I imagine they went to orphanages.
    They ended up housing mostly the elderly with health issues. Basically they became nursing homes.
    Click here to enlarge