Thread: 1928 is here!!! Wall Street Sets Record High with $85 Billion Mthly Injections

Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,787 Posts

Exclamation 1928 is here!!! Wall Street Sets Record High with $85 Billion Mthly Injections

YEAH BABY!!!! Wall Street is loving these mthly QE injections as it now feels like 1928!!!! Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/stock-index-fu...--finance.html
    Dow surges to new closing high on economy, Fed's help

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Dow Jones industrial average soared to a record closing high on Tuesday, breaking through levels last seen in 2007 and as investors rushed in to join the party in anticipation of more gains.

On Tuesday, the Dow set an intraday all-time high at 14,286.37.
    I Bring a Backbone of FirePower for Potential Peace ~ Scout
    ****************************************************************************
    **The Joke is On Us True Progressives**

6/12 - Romney's record at Bain "Sterling"~ praised Bill Clinton

From 'the President's Club':
    *After Nixon died, Clinton compared the death with the loss of his mother
    *Clinton came to rely on Nixon’s advice
    *Nixon ingratiated himself with so many of his successors, particularly Mr. Clinton.
    *George H.W. Bush’s ... relationship with Bill Clinton has grown so close
    *Clinton is now referred to in the Bush family as the “Brother From Another Mother”
    *Mr. Clinton / George W. Bush, who have become unexpectedly close and also worked on joint endeavors

Thanks
    Thanked 4,613 Times in 2,886 Posts
    The resemblance is there, huh?

Big difference, as far as I can tell, is that we have lots of gov't protections in place that we didn't have in 1928. I'll see if I can track down some specifics.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    A couple of years ago, a Republican committee staff director told me candidly (and proudly) what the method was to all this obstruction and disruption. Should Republicans succeed in obstructing the Senate from doing its job, it would further lower Congress’s generic favorability rating among the American people. By sabotaging the reputation of an institution of government, the party that is programmatically against government would come out the relative winner.
    -Mike Lofgren, 28 years as a staffer on the Republican House and Senate budget and other committees, often dealing with national security and defense issues

Thanks
    Thanked 6,989 Times in 4,749 Posts
    Automatic computer program shutdown of trading?
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Didn't Bernake say just recently that interest rates will have to be raised (1-2yrs from now) and coupled with the coming decreased government revenue and a drop in international trade ..... and a continued war fund expense for our NWO/MIC 'robotic' conflicts ..... it feels like we're right there for a serious financial calamity in the near future. I also have been hearing more and more lately about some experts expecting Fed Bonds going short very soon. OUCH!

Once this begins to take place ........ KerPlunk goes Wall Street, right!? Not sure if we'll get that exact same '29 style collapse due to the electronic blockers now in place to help save Wall Street Goon Club's ass, but we'll still be a nation of stagnation on steroids with serious financial conundrums choking us to death.

The bottom line is .... what's going on Wall Street right now doesn't feel natural at all to me. So, if I had been alive in 1928 to experience those horrible times into the 1930s ..... I think I might be having some scary flashbacks right about now.
    I Bring a Backbone of FirePower for Potential Peace ~ Scout
    ****************************************************************************
    **The Joke is On Us True Progressives**

6/12 - Romney's record at Bain "Sterling"~ praised Bill Clinton

From 'the President's Club':
    *After Nixon died, Clinton compared the death with the loss of his mother
    *Clinton came to rely on Nixon’s advice
    *Nixon ingratiated himself with so many of his successors, particularly Mr. Clinton.
    *George H.W. Bush’s ... relationship with Bill Clinton has grown so close
    *Clinton is now referred to in the Bush family as the “Brother From Another Mother”
    *Mr. Clinton / George W. Bush, who have become unexpectedly close and also worked on joint endeavors

Thanks
    I don't see any light at the end of the economic tunnel.
    We'll be deep underground before long and all the canaries are already dead.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    A couple of years ago, a Republican committee staff director told me candidly (and proudly) what the method was to all this obstruction and disruption. Should Republicans succeed in obstructing the Senate from doing its job, it would further lower Congress’s generic favorability rating among the American people. By sabotaging the reputation of an institution of government, the party that is programmatically against government would come out the relative winner.
    -Mike Lofgren, 28 years as a staffer on the Republican House and Senate budget and other committees, often dealing with national security and defense issues

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Icky Click here to enlarge
    The resemblance is there, huh?

Big difference, as far as I can tell, is that we have lots of gov't protections in place that we didn't have in 1928. I'll see if I can track down some specifics.
    Remind me I said this... another time Click here to enlarge
    I'll share with you what I mean...
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Thanks
    Thanked 6,989 Times in 4,749 Posts
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Icky Click here to enlarge
    I don't see any light at the end of the economic tunnel.
    We'll be deep underground before long and all the canaries are already dead.
    Click here to enlarge

Yep, Icky, the light has been turned off.
    Click here to enlarge