Thread: Manning is charged with aiding the enemy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,782 Posts

Manning is charged with aiding the enemy

I see no direct effort on Manning's behalf that indicates aiding any enemy, in this case, al-Qaida. Click here to enlarge

But, the US Cons seeks their sacrificial lamb to fry for being 'outed'. Mission Accomplished.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Wi...249/story.html

Judge won't dismiss charge against WikiLeaks suspect Manning

By Lily Kuo, Reuters April 26, 2012 5:43 PM

FORT MEADE, Md. - A U.S. military judge refused on Thursday to throw out a charge that Bradley Manning, the U.S. intelligence analyst accused of leaking government files to the anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks, aided the enemy, identified as al-Qaida.

The charge could result in a life prison sentence if Manning, 24, is convicted at a court-martial in September.
    I Bring a Backbone of FirePower for Potential Peace ~ Scout
    ****************************************************************************
    **The Joke is On Us True Progressives**

6/12 - Romney's record at Bain "Sterling"~ praised Bill Clinton

From 'the President's Club':
    *After Nixon died, Clinton compared the death with the loss of his mother
    *Clinton came to rely on Nixon’s advice
    *Nixon ingratiated himself with so many of his successors, particularly Mr. Clinton.
    *George H.W. Bush’s ... relationship with Bill Clinton has grown so close
    *Clinton is now referred to in the Bush family as the “Brother From Another Mother”
    *Mr. Clinton / George W. Bush, who have become unexpectedly close and also worked on joint endeavors

DemocraticWarrior Battle Lord N.U.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 814 Posts
    He released classified information to a non-US-national. By the loosest definition, the charge fits.
    "Illegal immigrants are not battle tanks." - Bertram
    "America out of Liberty; Try back later."- neios
    http://www.mycodedontstink.com/solutions/index.php

Thanks
    Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,782 Posts
    As far as I know, Manning has never released information to anyone connected with al-Qaida.

As far as I know, Manning himself hasn't been found to be an active terrorist in his past or present.

As far as I know, such information was also NOT related to any future military movements / operations.

As far as I know, such information published by Wikileaks was also previously published public information at one time or another.

Also keep in mind that there has been others who has leaked sensitive information to the press without facing charges.

In my opinion, Manning is guilty of unauthorized access/actions as a member of our US forces. He should face a court martial for that .... only that. He should have never been subjected to any forms of torture while incarcerated. He should have been processed thru the military court system much quicker than what's transpired.

Our military/govt body has committed much more damaging acts against international populations thruout this entire world compared to what Manning has done. Our govt/military has created much more enemies against the US than what Manning has done. Our govt/ military has inflamed/angered terrorists much more than any actions by Manning. We don't see bloodthirsty govt/military NeoCons held accountable for their warmongering actions, do we? No, we don't.
    I Bring a Backbone of FirePower for Potential Peace ~ Scout
    ****************************************************************************
    **The Joke is On Us True Progressives**

6/12 - Romney's record at Bain "Sterling"~ praised Bill Clinton

From 'the President's Club':
    *After Nixon died, Clinton compared the death with the loss of his mother
    *Clinton came to rely on Nixon’s advice
    *Nixon ingratiated himself with so many of his successors, particularly Mr. Clinton.
    *George H.W. Bush’s ... relationship with Bill Clinton has grown so close
    *Clinton is now referred to in the Bush family as the “Brother From Another Mother”
    *Mr. Clinton / George W. Bush, who have become unexpectedly close and also worked on joint endeavors

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 101Scout For This Useful Post: